No matter how long you’ve been together, there are some simple and fundamental rules of the journey. Putting them into practice isn’t always easy, but they’re essential for a long lasting relationship.
21 Sweet Love Quotes That Perfectly Sum Up Your Marriage
1. True love stands by each other’s side on good days and stands closer on bad days.
2. A perfect marriage is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other.
3. Marriage – the roots are deep, the covenant is solid, love is sweet, life is hard, and God is good.
4. A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, with the same person.
5. Never marry the one you can live with, marry the one you cannot live without.
6. Marriage lets you annoy one special person for the rest of your life.
7. It’s amazing how one day someone walks into your life, and you cannot remember how you ever lived without them.
8. To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to be loved by the person you love is everything.
9. Marriage is a gift from God to us. The quality of our marriage is our gift to Him.
10. If you live to be a hundred, I wish to live a hundred minus one, so I never have to live without you.
11. A happy marriage is the union of two forgivers.
12. The greatest marriages are built on teamwork, mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace.
13. Marriage cannot thrive on leftover attention. It has to get the best effort!
14. Always strive to give your spouse the very best of yourself; not what’s leftover after you have given your best to everyone.
15. When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to begin as soon as possible.
16. Marriage does not guarantee you will be together forever, it’s only paper. It takes love, respect, trust, understanding, friendship, and faith in your relationship to make it last.
17. You cannot make your marriage all good by yourself! But you can make it better all by yourself.
18. Marriage is not 50-50, divorce is 50-50. Marriage is 100-100 – it isn’t dividing everything in half but giving everything that you have got.
19. Make your marriage your own. Don’t look at other marriages and wish you had something else. Work to shape your marriage so that it is satisfying for both of you.
20. The most successful marriages are those where both husband and wife seek to build the self-esteem of the other.
21. A great marriage doesn’t happen when the “perfect couple” gets together. It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learns to enjoy each other’s differences.